KIPP Truth Elementary was founded in August 2015 as the second elementary school in the KIPP DFW region. The school serves students in pre-kindergarten through 2nd grade for the 2016-2017 school year, and will continue to add one grade level each year until it becomes a fully enrolled pre-kindergarten through 4th grade elementary school by 2019.
Mission and Vision
The mission of KIPP Truth Elementary School is to support scholars in developing the mindsets, knowledge, skills, and habits that will lead to a life of choice and empowerment. We strive to equip scholars with the confidence, character, vision, and passion to achieve their goals and strengthen our community. Every child will grow every day through deep engagement with content, service learning, and exploration of arts and culture. Through stimulating, individualized, and creative instruction, our students will fall in love with learning.
KIPP Truth Elementary grows leaders with an emphasis on our core value of SHINE, which stands for: Serve and Lead; Honor; Inquire; Nurture; and Envision and Reach for greatness.
KIPP Truth Elementary is located at 1545 S. Ewing Ave. Dallas, TX 75216.
KIPP Truth Elementary at a Glance:
- Opened in August 2015 serving pre-kindergarten through 1st grade students
- Adding one grade level per year to enroll 720 students in grades pre-K-4 by 2019
- Open enrollment serving children in southern Dallas
- More time for learning
- Rigorous college preparatory academics and emphasis on character development
- Daily opportunities for students to engage with technology
- Integrated project-based learning and service learning opportunities
- Daily science and social studies instruction
- Expanded opportunities through fine arts instruction, field lessons, global studies and college trips
- Weekly school-wide community celebrations